2020年8月11日星期二

Can I work in a mental health ward if I was once a patient in a mental ward?

Romana Stiman: As a psych major who didn't fit in with the crowd, about 90% of psych students, psychologists and psychiatrists are interested in the discipline due to their own demons.

Krystal Cordovano: Potential employers have no access to your medical records because of HIPPA laws. At worst, you would need to pass a pre-employment health screen which basically a doctor signs off on saying you are CURRENTLY physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of your job. It has nothing to do with your health history, especially as a juvenile. Never volunteer information about your health, whether it's mental health or otherwise, when interviewing with potential employers, because it is none of their business and a violation of your privacy. All they need to know is that you are capable of performing the duties of your job. If you have some sort of disability which might prevent you from performing the duties of the job, that is the kind of thing they need to ! know, like if you are blind in one eye, or if you have a back injury which prevents you from lifting greater than 10 lbs or something to that effect. I have a long history of depression and anxiety for which I have been hospitalized. I am currently an RN. I even did my school internship on a locked mental health unit....Show more

Kimberlee Bowdish: I think it's depend on your country law. what will he suggest you.

Antwan Schrum: I don't think they will have access to that at all due to a privacy law.

没有评论:

发表评论