2020年8月21日星期五

why so many water features in desert landscaping?

Malcom Fenoff: I am in agreement with the other poster.Another reason for the recycled water is for birds; and for butterflies and insects that pollinate plants.

Rosella Figliola: Most use water that is recirculated, but there is still some evaporation due to the excessive heat we get. Also, if you notice, in many instances that is where gardens are planted and the spray helps keep them watered especially during this drought. But, that being said, many communities are asking that fountains go unfilled if they do not use recirculated water because we are in a third stage drought presently. I know I keep my fountains filled with water that would otherwise go down the drain by collecting water in containers while waiting for it to get hot....Show more

Salvatore Walls: Disgusting isn't it. It's more status than anything. "See I live in the desert and am not putting water on my landscape so I'll dump it into a fountain that evaporates at an awful rate just b! ecause I can." Originally they thought it would help cool the clime........it actually made the environment more humid. Parts of Phoenix are very humid!! Water features are a trademark of ancient landscapes/gardens, but the water remained mostly still and level......where it was for psychological cooling....Show more

没有评论:

发表评论