2020年8月25日星期二

I need cockatiel help...!!!?

Verena Koop: OK, don't panic, it takes them a little while til' they figure out its food. I have a parakeet and at first she wouldn't eat vegetables. So, I took her out of her cage (you don't need to) and let her sit on my hand as I slowly put a piece of apple into my mouth. Then, (since she is very tame and does most of the things I do), she got exited and screamed at me to give her a piece. I gave her one and she nibbled on it like a beast!

Melina Minneweather: Why dont you try mixing their seeds into fruits? thats the way my Tiels eat it.

Bettye Arre: What Christie said, and also be patient. It might take a long time of serving them veggies before they figure out that it's food.

Stanton Valdivia: Try different forms of presenting it, chopped, warm, with cooked rice, in birdie bread muffins. Persistance is the key.

Abby Herwood: I take birdie bread and grind it up in the food processor. Then I take Broccoli Normandy frozen mix thawed and grind ! it up in the food processor. I mix them and put in the cage in their usual bowl. Leave it for no more than 2 hours. Do this without using seed several times a day. I generally do not feed seed unless it has been sprouted. Too much fat. Captive birds do not do enough flying to justify that much fat in their diet. I use pellets like Zupreem Avian Maintenance or Zupreem Garden Goodness and fresh veggies not much fruit, but chopped apple is a favorite treat, home made birdie bread. Basic Birdie Bread2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix3 T. baking powder2 eggs and shells (puree in blender)4 jars baby food *** (carrots, sweet potatoes)3/4 c. peanut butter2 c. baby cereal (buy lowest percent of iron)1 1/2 c. shredded/chopped veggies (usually carrots or broccoli)*** Almost any of the baby foods can be used but choose those with a high Vitamin A content.Warning - the batter will be hard to mix!!Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.Combine wet and dry ingredients along with shredded/chopp! ed veggies.Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray and bake about 30! min. in a 400 degree preheated oven.Cool on rack, cut into squares and freeze in 3 day batches.Optional additions: chopped nuts, toasted soybean bits, shredded low fat cheese, dried fruit (small pieces), shaved cuttlebone, toasted sunflower kernels, pureed bananas peeled, pureed fresh mango, papaya or kiwi (reduce number of jars of baby food)...Show more

Cliff Tyre: I would try to convert them to a pellet diet. At least they will be getting all the vitamins they need since they won't eat veges. Roudybush maintenance diet is good. I feed the small which is just a bit bigger than seed so is easier to convert. The colored pellets are usually colored artificially so are not as good for birds. Don't feed too many of the seed sticks as they are held together with honey but millet is good as it is not a seed but a whole grain and is low in fat and full of vitamins. Seed can still be a small part of their diet....Show more

Germaine Tieken: give them different fo! rms but also begin to phase out the seeds and replace with healthier stuff, like first week to 50 50 then do 25 75 percent slowly till they are on close to 100 percent healthy stuffhttp://bdhamiltonmi.googlepages.com/cockatiels has great cockatiel info

没有评论:

发表评论