2020年4月23日星期四

My maltese has a sever underbite. Does this prevent him from eating certain types of dog food?  

My maltese has a sever underbite. Does this prevent him from eating certain types of dog food?  

answers 0:My maltese has a sever underbite. Does this prevent him from eating certain types of dog food?answers 1:Try to see if his teeth touch properly in back. The molars grind the food and as long as they are able to grind, he shouldn't have a problem. Frankly dogs tend to swallow food in large pieces anyway so I can't think of any dog foods he couldn't eat. You want to feed him small chunk but that doesn't have any thing to so with his underbite.answers 2:Maltese Underbiteanswers 3:Depending on how severe it is it may. I'm not going to ask how you obtained your maltese but if you got him/her from a breeder than they completely ripped you off...if you got him/her from a shelter or rescue than I understand. You can try several things. I hav! e two Maltese and one has a slight underbite but it is not a hinderance. I take his dry food and add a tab of water....you can even try some type of warm chicken broth, and as the food soaks it allows him to eat it comfortably. Wet food is generally unhealthy because of all the fat and barely any nutrients, it can also cause or contribute to dental issues. (Athough, my picky eater loves it...I occassionally treat him with a mixture of it with his dry food.) But not only is adding chicken broth or water to the dry food cheaper than wet food, but its healthier, and easier for maltese to enjoy. Hope this helps. It helped me....my "picky" eater isn't so "picky" anymore.Maltese are not suppose to have underbites or overbites as some people have mentioned but it isn't the end of the world. Not every purebred dog is perfect, sometimes there is some issues that pop up as the pedigree grows. You live and you learn....answers 4:No, it shouldn't. Maltese aren't supposed to have under! bites, but some breeds do and there is no issue with eating.an! swers 5:A sever under bite is a very serious genetic fault caused by poor breeding. This dog needs to be fixed so as not to pass this fault on to any puppies.I would give him different thing to see what he can

没有评论:

发表评论