2020年5月8日星期五

Dental surgery and TTC?  

Dental surgery and TTC?  

answers 0:TTC and Dental surgery?My husband and I are now TTC, this is our 1st month (YAY!). I go to the dentist on 10/16 for my wisdom teeth to be removed and an apicoectomy, which I will be put to sleep for. Below is the link to explain what it is... Anyway, I called my OB/GYN office today, to ask and make sure it would still be safe for me to get this done, and the lady that I talked to (not the dr) said it should be fine.. Well the word SHOULD is buggin me, don't know why.. Wait.. Yes I do, b/c if by some chance I do get pregnant this month, I don't want to do anything that could possibly hurt the baby. So what should I do contact my dentist office and run it by him? Just wanted someone else's opinion on this, maybe there is someone else I could talk to and ask.here is that link: http://www.dcendo.com/svcapico.htmAnd thanks alot!...Show moreanswers 1:If you do concieve this month or no! t, You'll be fine. There are a lot of women who get dental work done before even realizing they were pregnant. You'll be fine! If you feel better, call your dentist and ask him. However, chances of it happening this month are about 25%...Pretty low. I've been TTC for the past 2 years. It takes most healthy couples atleast 1 year to concieve, not the case for all but the case for most. If you just got off of birth control to become pregnant, itll take longer than 1 month to conceive....answers 2:and also I did put this in the trying to conceive section, but thought this might be good tooanswers 3:definitely contact your Oral surgeon. The first trimester is critical to fetal development, and although small, there are some risks of possible birth defects depending on what agents the surgeon uses for the sedation. General recommendation is that all elective procedures, esp anesthesia, be postponed until after delivery. Failing that the second trimester is the safest, or late in! the third trimester when a premature labor would not hazard t! he baby. My recommendation is to get a pregnancy test, if neg, then delay the TTC, get the oral surgery then try again. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can increase the chances of dental troubles. You also probably won't be up for surgery for several weeks after delivery. Additionally if you plan to breast feed, some of the sedative agents can transfer into the baby via breast milk. So that could mean a disruption in your feeding....

没有评论:

发表评论